Eggless Chocolate Truffle Cake Recipe
Are you a crazy fan of the classic chocolate truffle cake like many of us? If yes, then have you thought of ever making it at home? The festive season is coming closer, and as we believe celebrations are incomplete without cakes and desserts. For this festive season rolling out in a couple of weeks, you can learn and make some excellent cakes and desserts at home for friends and family. The classic chocolate truffle cake is the most popular cake variety and one of the best cake flavours in our cake collection. Hence we thought of sharing with you an easy eggless chocolate truffle cake recipe.
The chocolate truffle cake is prepared by combining three main elements. The three main elements to prepare chocolate truffle cake are sponge cake, chocolate ganache and chocolate glaze. So, here is a list of ingredients that you require.
For the sponge cake, you would require
- All-purpose flour (Maida)
- Cocoa powder
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Condensed milk
- Vanilla extract
For the chocolate ganache, you would need
- Heavy whipping cream
- Dark or milk chocolate (as per your choice)
For the chocolate mirror glaze, you would require
- Chocolate (dark or milk)
Method & Preparation of Eggless Chocolate Truffle Cake Recipe:
Before moving to the method to prepare the Chocolate Truffle Cake, preheat your oven at around 180 degree-celsius with two cake pans and set it with oil and parchment paper. Let’s prepare the Eggless Chocolate Truffle Cake Recipe.
- In a vessel, add two and a half cups of flour, half a cup of cocoa powder, 1 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder and baking soda. Give all the dry ingredients a good mix.
- At the same time, in another vessel, add one cup of melted butter and 1 3/4 can of condensed milk. To this mixture, add one cup of milk and 1 3/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Whisk and mix all the wet ingredients thoroughly.
- Now, mix all the dry and wet ingredients together with a spatula and prepare the batter for baking. Transfer the batter into the baking pan and bake the cake for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the chocolate ganache by heating the one and half cup of heavy whipped cream in a saucepan at low or medium flame.
- Pour the hot whipped cream over two cups of dark or milk chocolate pieces. Next, combine the mixture by continuously whisking it till it reaches a soft, smooth and creamy consistency. Then, put the mixture into the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- After cooling the mixture, whisk the chocolate ganache for three to four minutes at high speed. After preparing the ganache entirely, pour and spread the cream onto the cooled cake sponge evenly.
- Now, put the frosted cake into the fridge and let it cool for about an hour before coating it with the chocolate glaze.
- To prepare mirror chocolate glaze, take 150 gms of dark or milk chocolate and melt the chocolate in a microwave or use the double boiler method.
- Next, add small amounts of hot water slowly to the chocolate mixture. Note: add water according to the consistency you desire. It should not be too thick nor too thin.
- Let the chocolate glaze cool till room temperature. Now, to the frosted cake, pour the room temperature chocolate glaze. Spread the chocolate glaze evenly onto the cake with minimum pressure.
You can decorate the cake with coffee choco bites to give it a finished look.
There you go! The eggless chocolate truffle cake recipe is ready to serve and binge-eat. This chocolate truffle cake recipe is easy to prepare, and all the ingredients required to make the recipe are easily available at home. So you don't have to go on searching for various ingredients.
Want to try some more recipes? Check out How To Prepare Microwave Chocolate Mug Cake?
Thanks for reading! We are Aubree, one of the best bakers in Bangalore providing delicious eggless cakes and the best cupcakes in Bangalore. You can place your order on our site or contact us directly to enquire.